Whether you’re traveling to escape the chilly winds of the north, or taking a day trip from your Florida residence, Sarasota is the place to find lots to do. Here is just a summary of the entertainment, events and fun you can find around the downtown area for the weekend of February 12, 2011:
- 02/12/11 – Celebration on the Bay Concert with Sarasota Orchestra
- 02/12/11 – Sarasota Opera presents Don Giovanni
- 02/12/11 – Historic Trolley Tours from Crocker Memorial Church
- 02/12/11 – Clay Aiken – Van Wezel Performing Arts Hall
- 02/12/11 – Anniversary Celebration– Alumni Reunion Weekend – New College
- 02/12/11 – Downtown Bradenton Farmers’ Market
- 02/12/11 – New College at 50 Festival
- 02/12/11 – Greek Glendi – St. Barbara Church
- 02/12/11 – The Sound of The Beatles – Sarasota Classic Cars Museum
- 02/12/11 – OtherShore – Historic Asolo Theater
To view details on each event, simply “mouse-over” the link (don’t click), and you’ll see a description.
While you’re making plans to visit Sarasota, why not plan on staying at the Hotel Ranola….downtown’s best kept secret! One a beautiful weekend like this, you’ll enjoy the option of walking all over the city to experience dining, shopping and night-life, the way it was intended to be. No need to get a cab or drive all over.
Downtown Sarasota has some of the best eating spots in the country! Here’s just a few suggestions: